A community driven list of useful Scala libraries, frameworks and software. This is not a catalog of all the libraries, just a starting point for your explorations. Inspired by awesome-python. Other amazingly awesome lists can be found in the awesome-awesomeness list.
Also awesome is Scaladex, the searchable, tagged, and centralized index of Scala libraries.
Projects with over 500 stargazers are in bold.
Table of Contents
- Learning Scala
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- Data Binding and Validation
- Distributed Systems
- Functional Reactive Programming
- Graphical User Interfaces
- Image processing and image analysis
- Metrics and Monitoring
- Modularization and Dependency Injection
- Reactive Web Frameworks
- Sbt plugins
- Science and Data Analysis
- Semantic Web
- Web Frameworks
- XML / HTML
- CIlib Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 82 - Typesafe, purely functional Computational Intelligence.
- CIlib-tutorial Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 2 - A tutorial book for cilib.
Database access libraries in Scala.
- Anorm Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 135 - Simple SQL data access.
- Casbah (repo) - Officially supported Scala driver for MongoDB
- Clickhouse-scala-client - Reactive client for Clickhouse
- CouchDB-Scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 59 Ã¢Â§â€” 21 - Purely functional Scala client for CouchDB
- doobie Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 812 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Pure functional JDBC layer for Scala.
- Elastic4s Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1049 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A scala DSL / reactive client for Elasticsearch
- Finagle Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 42 Ã¢Â§â€” 71 - PostgreSQL protocol support for Finagle
- longevity Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 78 Ã¢Â§â€” 21 - A Persistence Framework for Scala and NoSQL with a Domain Driven Design Orientation
- lucene4s Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 3 Ã¢Â§â€” 56 - Light-weight convenience wrapper around Lucene to simplify complex tasks and add Scala sugar.
- MapperDao Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 12 Ã¢Â§â€” 36 - An ORM library for oracle, mysql, mssql, and postgresql
- Memcontinuationed Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 51 Ã¢Â§â€” 245 - Memcached client for Scala.
- Morpheus Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 104 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Reactive type safe Scala Driver for MySQL/Postgres.
- neo4akka Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 6 Ã¢Â§â€” 117 - Neo4j Scala client using Akka HTTP with compile-time query interpolation, case class support, true non-blocking IO, and much more.
- neotypes Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 22 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - Pure functional driver for neo4j.
- Phantom Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 903 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - Reactive typed Scala driver for Apache Cassandra.
- PostgreSQL and MySQL async Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 983 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Async database drivers to talk to PostgreSQL and MySQL in Scala.
- Pulsar4s Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 15 - Scala client for Apache Pulsar.
- Quill Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 865 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Compile-time Language Integrated Query for Scala
- ReactiveCouchbase - Reactive Scala Driver for Couchbase. Also includes a Play plug-in. An official plug-in is also in development.
- ReactiveMongo Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 704 Ã¢Â§â€” 8 - Reactive Scala Driver for MongoDB.
- rediscala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 642 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Non-blocking, Reactive Redis driver for Scala (with Sentinel support)
- Relate Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 110 Ã¢Â§â€” 7 - Lightweight, blazing-fast database access layer for Scala that abstracts the idiosyncricies of the JDBC while keeping complete control over the SQL.
- Salat Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 490 Ã¢Â§â€” 9 - ORM for MongoDB. A related Play-plugin is also available.
- Scala ActiveRecord Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 297 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - ORM library for scala, inspired by ActiveRecord of Ruby on Rails.
- Scala-Forklift Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 91 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Type-safe database migration for Slick, Git, etc.
- scala-redis Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 739 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - A Scala library for connecting to a redis server, with clustering support
- scala-sql Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 14 Ã¢Â§â€” 34 - Yet another SQL-based DB access library for scala language
- ScalaRelational Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 51 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Type-Safe framework for defining, modifying, and querying SQL databases.
- ScalikeJDBC Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 746 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - A tidy SQL-based DB access library for Scala developers.
- Scanamo Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 92 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - A library to make using DynamoDB with Scala simpler and less error-prone.
- scredis Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 149 Ã¢Â§â€” 29 - Non-blocking Redis client built on top of Akka IO (used by Livestream)
- Shade Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 82 Ã¢Â§â€” 32 - Memcached client for Scala, based on Spymemcached
- Slick Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1795 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Modern database query and access library for Scala.
- Sorm Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 239 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - A functional boilerplate-free Scala ORM.
- Squeryl Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 484 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - A Scala DSL for talking with databases with minimum verbosity and maximum type safety.
- Sangria - Scala GraphQL Implementation
- Scruid Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 48 - Scruid (Scala+Druid) is an open source library that allows you to compose Druid queries easily in Scala.
- Tepkin Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 86 Ã¢Â§â€” 251 - Reactive MongoDB Driver for Scala built on top of Akka IO and Akka Streams.
- Op-Rabbit Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 153 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - High-level messaging library for Akka and Op-Rabbit.
Graphical User Interfaces
Libraries for creation of graphical user interfaces
- ScalaFX - Scala DSL for creating Graphical User Interfaces that sits on top of JavaFX.
Scala frameworks for web development.
- Analogweb - Tiny, simple, and pluggable web framework in Scala.
- Chaos Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 220 Ã¢Â§â€” 27 - A lightweight framework for writing REST services in Scala.
- Colossus Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 811 Ã¢Â§â€” 70 - lightweight framework for building high-performance applications in Scala that require non-blocking network I/O.
- Finatra Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1558 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A sinatra-inspired web framework for scala, running on top of Finagle.
- Lift Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1069 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Secure and powerful full stack web framework (discussion).
- peregine Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 11 Ã¢Â§â€” 40 - A simple and async lightweight Scala web framework.
- Play Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 9229 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Makes it easy to build scalable, fast and real-time web applications with Java & Scala.
- Play Pagelets Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 47 Ã¢Â§â€” 11 - A Module for the Play Framework to build resilient and modular Play applications in an elegant and concise manner.
- Reactive Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 194 Ã¢Â§â€” 6 - FRP and web abstractions, which can be plugged into any web framework (currently only has bindings for Lift).
- scalajs-react Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1135 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Facebook's React on Scala.JS.
- Scalatra Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 2146 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Tiny Scala high-performance, async web framework, inspired by Sinatra.
- Skinny Framework Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 621 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - A full-stack web app framework upon Scalatra for rapid Development in Scala.
- suzaku - Suzaku web UI framework for Scala
- Unfiltered Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 673 Ã¢Â§â€” 6 - A modular set of unopinionated primitives for servicing HTTP and WebSocket requests in Scala.
- Xitrum - An async and clustered Scala web framework and HTTP(S) server fusion on top of Netty, Akka, and Hazelcast.
- youi Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 81 Ã¢Â§â€” 12 - Next generation user interface framework and server engine for Scala and Scala.js.
Reactive Web Frameworks
Scala libraries for Reactive Web development
- Binding.scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 935 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A reactive web framework. It enables you use native XML literal syntax to create reactive DOM nodes, which are able to automatically change whenever the data source changes.
- Korolev - Modern single-page applications running on the server side
- Udash - a web framework based on Scala.js with support for property bindings, frontend routing, i18n and much more. It also provides strongly typed client<->server RPC system based on WebSockets.
- Vert.x Web - Toolkit to build Reactive web applications..
- Widok - Reactive web framework for the JVM and Scala.js
Data Binding and Validation
Scala libraries for data binding and validation
- Accord Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 379 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A sane validation library for Scala
- form-binder Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 17 Ã¢Â§â€” 29 - A micro data binding and validating framework, very easy to use and hack
- Monkeytail Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 55 - A set of validation macros and helpers for cats.Validated
- Octopus Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 15 - Scala library for boilerplate-free validation
Scala libraries for i18n.
- scala-xgettext Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 19 Ã¢Â§â€” 99 - A compiler plugin that acts like GNU xgettext command to extract i18n strings in Scala source code files to Gettext .po file.
- Scaposer Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 30 Ã¢Â§â€” 99 - GNU Gettext .po file loader for Scala.
Libraries for implementing authentications schemes.
- akka-http-session Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 268 Ã¢Â§â€” 11 - Web&mobile client-side sessions for akka-http based applications, with optional JWT support
- AWS Request Signer Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 4 Ã¢Â§â€” 43 - Helper to evaluate the signing headers for HTTP requests to Amazon Web Services.
- OAuth2-mock-play Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 16 Ã¢Â§â€” 23 - Implementation of an OAuth2 server designed for mocking/testing and configurable by environment variables (by use of the Typesafe config).
- Play Google Auth Module Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 17 Ã¢Â§â€” 76 - A very simple implementation of Google OpenID Connect authentication for Play 2 applications.
- play-pac4j Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 255 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Security library managing authentication (CAS, OAuth, OpenID, SAML, LDAP, SQL, JWT...), authorizations and logout for Play 2.x in Java and Scala.
- play-silhouette Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 600 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Authentication library for Play Framework applications that supports several authentication methods, including OAuth1, OAuth2, OpenID, Credentials or custom authentication schemes.
- play2-auth Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 617 Ã¢Â§â€” 4 - Play2.x Authentication and Authorization module.
- scala-oauth2-provider Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 419 Ã¢Â§â€” 7 - OAuth 2.0 server-side implementation written in Scala.
- SecureSocial Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1210 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - A module that provides OAuth, OAuth2 and OpenID authentication for Play Framework applications.
Libraries for implementing authorization strategies.
- deadbolt-2 Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 467 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - A Play 2.x module supporting role-based and proprietary authorization; idiomatic APIs for Scala and Java APIs are provided.
Cryptography and Encryption Libraries.
- Scrypto Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 50 Ã¢Â§â€” 4 - All-purpose cryptographic framework.
- TSec Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 27 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Type-safe, functional, general-cryptography library
Libraries for code testing.
- cornichon Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 109 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Scala DSL for testing HTTP JSON API.
- Gatling - Async Scala-Akka-Netty based Stress Tool.
- Minitest - A testing framework with a focus on simplicity.
- Mockito Scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 99 - Mockito for Scala, with improved syntax and many extra features on top of the Java version
- ScalaCheck Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1196 Ã¢Â§â€” 6 - Property-based testing for Scala.
- ScalaMeter - Performance & memory footprint measuring, regression testing.
- ScalaMock - Scala native mocking framework
- scalaprops Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 171 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - Another property based testing library for Scala
- ScalaTest Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 532 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - A testing tool for Scala and Java developers.
- Scalive Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 187 Ã¢Â§â€” 20 - Connect a Scala REPL to running JVM processes without any prior setup; this library is used for inspecting systems in production mode.
- Specs2 Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 570 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Software Specifications for Scala.
- Stryker4s Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 21 - Test your tests with mutation testing.
- Ã‚ÂµTest Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 197 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A tiny, portable testing library for Scala.
- testcontainers-scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 52 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - Docker containers for testing in Scala.
Libraries for work with json.
- argonaut - Purely Functional JSON in Scala.
- circe Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 824 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - JSON library based on Argonaut, depends on Cats
- diffson Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 94 Ã¢Â§â€” 14 - A scala diff/patch library for Json
- jackson-module-scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 313 Ã¢Â§â€” 8 - Add-on module for Jackson to support Scala-specific datatypes.
- jawn Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 252 Ã¢Â§â€” 4 - Fast json parser (According to them, competetive with java gson/jackson speed).
- json4s Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 877 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Project aims to provide a single AST to be used by other scala json libraries.
- jsoniter-scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 47 Ã¢Â§â€” 7 - Scala macros for compile-time generation of ultra-fast JSON codecs.
- persist-json Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 9 Ã¢Â§â€” 49 - Fast json parser.
- play-json Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 39 Ã¢Â§â€” 7 - Flexible and powerful JSON manipulation, validation and serialization, with no reflection at runtime.
- Pushka Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 75 Ã¢Â§â€” 21 - Scala JSON serialization library with annotations.
- qbproject - Scala Libs around JSON and API developement for Play Framework.
- rapture-json - Clean, intuitive, unintrusive, boilerplate-free Scala API
- scala-jsonapi Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 95 Ã¢Â§â€” 240 - Support library for integrating the JSON API spec with Scala and Spray JSON, Play! JSON or Circe.
- scalajack Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 81 Ã¢Â§â€” 35 - Fast 'n easy JSON serialization with optional MongoDB support. Uses Jackson under the hood.
- spray-json Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 606 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - Lightweight, clean and efficient JSON implementation in Scala.
- sbt-json - sbt plugin that generates Scala case classes for easy, statically typed and implicit access of JSON documents
- uJson - fast, flexible and intuitive JSON for Scala
Libraries for work with YAML.
- MoultingYAML Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 43 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - Type-class based YAML serialization and deserialization on top of SnakeYAML.
Libraries for work with CSV.
- fm-flatfile Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Very flexible, Flat File (CSV, TSV, Excel, etc) Reader for Scala.
- kantan.csv Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 143 Ã¢Â§â€” 24 - CSV handling library for Scala with multiple backends.
- Scala-CSV Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 365 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - CSV Reader/Writer for Scala.
Libraries for serializing and deserializing data for storage or transport.
- avro-codegen Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 24 Ã¢Â§â€” 23 - Code generation from avro schemas to serialize/deserialize avro messages, no runtime reflection.
- Chill Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 378 Ã¢Â§â€” 4 - Extensions for the Kryo serialization library to ease configuration in systems like Hadoop and Storm.
- msgpack Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 75 Ã¢Â§â€” 57 - A efficient binary serialization library.
- Pickling Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 808 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Fast, customizable, boilerplate-free pickling support.
- ScalaBuff Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 218 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - a Scala Protocol Buffers (protobuf) compiler
- ScalaPB Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 705 Ã¢Â§â€” 51 - Protocol Buffers and gRPC support for Scala
- scodec Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 474 Ã¢Â§â€” 10 - A combinator library for working with binary data.
- Scrooge - An Apache Thrift code generator for Scala.
- validation Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 177 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Advanced validation & serialization for JSON, HTML form data, etc, with no reflection at runtime.
Science and Data Analysis
Libraries for scientific computing, data analysis and numerical processing.
- Algebird Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1478 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Abstract Algebra for Scala.
- Axle Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 51 Ã¢Â§â€” 9 - A Spire-based DSL for scientific cloud computing.
- BigDL Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1662 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - BigDL is a distributed deep learning library for Apache Spark.
- Breeze Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 2028 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Breeze is a numerical processing library for Scala.
- Chalk Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 231 Ã¢Â§â€” 6 - Chalk is a natural language processing library.
- Clustering4Ever Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 50 Scala and Spark API to benchmark and analyse clustering algorithms on any vectorization you can generate
- doddle-model - An in-memory machine learning library built on top of Breeze. It provides immutable objects and exposes its functionality through a scikit-learn-like API.
- FACTORIE Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 486 Ã¢Â§â€” 7 - A toolkit for deployable probabilistic modeling, implemented as a software library in Scala.
- Figaro Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 461 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Figaro is a probabilistic programming language that supports development of very rich probabilistic models.
- Libra Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 142 - Libra is a dimensional analysis library based on shapeless, spire and singleton-ops. It contains out of the box support for SI units for all numeric types.
- LoMRF Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 55 - An open-source implementation of Markov Logic Networks in Scala
- MGO Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 37 Ã¢Â§â€” 55 - Modular multi-objective evolutionary algorithm optimization library enforcing immutability.
- MLLib - Machine Learning framework for Spark
- ND4S Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 201 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - N-Dimensional arrays and linear algebra for Scala with an API similar to Numpy. ND4S is a scala wrapper around ND4J.
- Numsca Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 8 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Numsca is Numpy for Scala.
- OpenMOLE Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 65 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - OpenMOLE (Open MOdeL Experiment) is a workflow engine designed to leverage the computing power of distributed execution environments for naturally parallel processes.
- Optimus * 96 Optimus is a library for Linear and Quadratic mathematical optimization written in Scala programming language.
- OscaR - a Scala toolkit for solving Operations Research problems
- Persist-Units Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 9 Ã¢Â§â€” 40 - Type check units of measure in Scala.
- PredictionIO Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 10105 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - machine learning server for developers and data scientists. Built on Apache Spark, HBase and Spray
- Rings Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 3 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - An efficient library for polynomial rings. Commutative algebra, polynomial GCDs, polynomial factorization and other sci things at a really high speed.
- Saddle Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 428 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - A minimalist port of Pandas to Scala
- Smile - Statistical Machine Intelligence and Learning Engine. Smile is a fast and comprehensive machine learning system.
- Spark Notebook Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1896 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Scalable and stable Scala and Spark focused notebook bridging the gap between JVM and Data Scientists (incl. extendable, typesafe and reactive charts).
- Spire Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1152 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Powerful new number types and numeric abstractions for Scala.
- Squants Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 388 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - The Scala API for Quantities, Units of Measure and Dimensional Analysis.
- SwiftLearner Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 20 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - Simply written algorithms to help study Machine Learning or write your own implementations.
- Tensorflow_scala - TensorFlow API for the Scala Programming Language
- Tyche Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 89 Ã¢Â§â€” 17 - Probability distributions, stochastic & Markov processes, lattice walks, simple random sampling. A simple yet robust Scala library.
- Zeppelin - Scala and Spark Notebook (like IPython Notebook)
- BIDMach Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 745 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - CPU and GPU machine learning library, using JNI for GPU computation.
- Flink Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 2414 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Processing framework with powerful stream- and batch-processing capabilities.
- Gearpump Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 619 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - Lightweight real-time big data streaming engine
- GridScale Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 15 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - A Scala API for computing clusters and grids.
- Kafka Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 5035 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Kafka is a message broker project and aims to provide a unified, high-throughput, low-latency platform for handling real-time data feeds.
- Reactive-kafka Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 753 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Reactive Streams API for Apache Kafka.
- Scalding Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 2783 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - A Scala binding for the Cascading abstraction of Hadoop MapReduce.
- Schemer - Schema registry for CSV, TSV, JSON, AVRO and Parquet schema. Supports schema inference and GraphQL API.
- Scio - A Scala API for Apache Beam and Google Cloud Dataflow - None
- Scrunch - A Scala wrapper for Apache Crunch which provides a framework for writing, testing, and running MapReduce pipelines.
- Spark - Lightning fast cluster computing Ã¢â‚¬â€ up to 100x faster than Hadoop for iterative algorithms (memory caching) and up to 10x faster than Hadoop for single-pass MapReduce jobs. Compatible with YARN-enabled Hadoop clusters, can run on Mesos and in stand-alone mode as well.
- spark-deployer Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 69 Ã¢Â§â€” 29 - A sbt plugin which helps deploying Apache Spark stand-alone cluster and submitting job on cloud system like AWS EC2.
- Sparkta Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 320 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Real Time Aggregation based on Spark Streaming.
- Sparkplug Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 4 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Spark package to "plug" holes in data using SQL based rules
- Summingbird Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1841 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - An implementation of the Ã¢â‚¬Å“lambda architectureÃ¢â‚¬Â as a software abstraction Ã¢â‚¬â€ a single API for Hadoop and Storm.
- Vegas - The missing MatPlotLib for Scala + Spark
Image processing and image analysis
2D and 3D image processing and image analysis
- scala-phash Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 11 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - Image comparison by hash codes
- scalismo Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 45 Ã¢Â§â€” 9 - Shape modelling and model-based image analysis.
- scrimage Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 654 Ã¢Â§â€” 97 - Image io, resize, manipulation and thumbnails.
Sound processing and music
- ScalaCollider Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 121 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - Sound synthesis and signal processing client for SuperCollider.
Functional Reactive Programming
Event streams, signals, observables, etc.
- fs2 Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1323 Ã¢Â§â€” 340 - Compositional, streaming I/O library for Scala
- Iteratee Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 158 - Iteratees for cats
- Monix Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1432 Ã¢Â§â€” 164 - Extensions to ScalaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s standard library for multi-threading primitives and functional reactive programming. Scala.js compatible.
- Reactive Collections Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 2 Ã¢Â§â€” 165 - A library that incorporates event streams and signals with specialized collections called reactive containers, and expresses concurrency using isolates and channels.
- RxScala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 824 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Reactive Extensions for Scala Ã¢â‚¬â€œ a library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs using observable sequences
- REScala - REScala is a library for functional reactive programming on the JVM and the Web. It provides a rich API for event stream transformations and signal composition with managed consistent up-to-date state and minimal syntactic overhead.
- Reactor-Scala-Extensions - Scala extensions for Project Reactor
- scala.frp Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 22 Ã¢Â§â€” 101 - Functional Reactive Programming for Scala (event streams).
- Scala.Rx Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 898 Ã¢Â§â€” 4 - An experimental library for Functional Reactive Programming in Scala (reactive variables). Scala.js compatible.
- Scalaz ZIO Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 529 - A type-safe, composable library for asynchronous and concurrent programming in Scala
- SynapseGrid Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 109 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - an FRP framework for constructing reactive real-time immutable data flow systems. It implements an original way of running and organizing event-driven systems based on Petri nets. The topology can be viewed as a .dot graph. The library is compatible with Akka and can seamlessly communicate with other actors.
Modularization and Dependency Injection
Modularization of applications, dependency injection, etc.
- Airframe Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 25 Ã¢Â§â€” 13 - Dependency injection library tailored to Scala.
- Cableguy Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1 Ã¢Â§â€” 269 - Macro based compile time Dependency Injection library.
- DIStage Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 13 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Staged Dependency Injection with higher-kinded polymorphism.
- Grafter Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 148 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Grafter is a library to configure and wire Scala applications.
- MacWire Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 661 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Scala Macro to generate wiring code for class instantiation. DI container replacement.
- Scala-Guice Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 211 Ã¢Â§â€” 10 - Scala extensions for Google Guice
- Scaldi Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 252 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Lightweight Scala Dependency Injection Library.
- Sclasner Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 9 Ã¢Â§â€” 130 - Scala classpath scanner.
- SubCut Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 403 Ã¢Â§â€” 9 - Scala Uniquely Bound Classes Under Traits.
Libraries and frameworks for writing distributed applications.
- Akka - A toolkit and runtime for building highly concurrent, distributed, and fault tolerant event-driven applications.
- Akka-tracing Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 252 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - A distributed tracing extension for Akka. Provides integration with Play framework, Spray and Akka HTTP.
- autobreaker Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 6 Ã¢Â§â€” 93 - Automatically wrap classes that return Futures with a Circuit Breaker.
- Clump - A library for expressive and efficient service composition
- CurioDB Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 459 Ã¢Â§â€” 4 - Distributed & Persistent Redis Clone built with Scala & Akka.
- Finagle - An extensible, protocol-agnostic RPC system designed for high performance and concurrency.
- Glokka Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 46 Ã¢Â§â€” 148 - Library to register and lookup actors by names in an Akka cluster.
- Lagom - Framework for creating microservice-based systems.
- Reactors - Foundational framework for distributed computing that fuses functional reactive programming and traditional actors.
- Ammonite-Ops - Safe, easy, filesystem operations in Scala as convenient as in the Bash shell.
- better-files Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 824 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Simple, safe and intuitive Scala I/O. better-files is a dependency-free pragmatic thin Scala wrapper around Java NIO.
- Cassovary Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 881 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A Scala library that is designed from the ground up for space efficiency, handling graphs with billions of nodes and edges.
- cats Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1697 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Lightweight, modular, and extensible library for functional programming.
- Chimney Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 92 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - Scala library for boilerplate-free data transformations.
- chronoscala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 38 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Scala wrapper for Java Date/Time API.
- Dsl.scala - A framework to create embedded Domain-Specific Languages in Scala, along with some built-in DSLs, including async/await, generators, delimited continuations, asynchronous collection comprehension, RAII, monadic !-notation for cats and scala, etc.
- Each Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 146 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A macro library that converts native imperative syntax to Scalaz's monadic expressions.
- Eff Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 220 Ã¢Â§â€” 6 - Extensible effects are an alternative to monad transformers for computing with effects in a functional way.
- enableIf.scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 40 Ã¢Â§â€” 25 - A library that switches Scala code at compile-time, like
- Enumeratum Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 374 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A macro to replace Scala enumerations with a sealed family of case objects. This allows additional checks for the compiler, e.g. for missing cases in a match statement. Has additinal support for Json libraries and the Play framework.
- Freasy-Monad Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 90 Ã¢Â§â€” 14 - Easy way to create Free Monad for Cats and Scalaz using Scala macros with first-class Intellij support.
- Freedsl Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 25 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - A library to implement composable side effects, weaving typeclasses on a wrapping type and the free monad.
- Freestyle Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 430 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A cohesive & pragmatic framework of FP centric Scala libraries.
- Hamsters Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 216 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A mini Scala utility library. Compatible with functional programming beginners. Featuring validation, monad transformers, HLists, Union types.
- idid Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 4 Ã¢Â§â€” 43 - A library to define common interfaces for different Id types.
- Lamma Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 70 Ã¢Â§â€” 8 - A Scala date library for date and schedule generation.
- LArray Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 225 Ã¢Â§â€” 25 - Large off-heap arrays (> 2GB) and mmap files.
- Log4s - Fast, Scala-friendly logging bindings on top of SLF4J. Uses macros for extreme performance.
- LogStage Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 13 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Zero-cost structural logger for Scala with [SLF4J] integration.
- Monocle Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 757 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - An Optics/Lens library for purely functional manipulation of immutable objects.
- n-scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 662 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Scala wrapper for Joda Time.
- Persist-Logging Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 33 Ã¢Â§â€” 48 - Comprehensive logging library for Scala.
- Quicklens Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 245 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - modify deeply nested case class fields with an elegant API
- Rapture (repo) - a collection of libraries for common, everyday programming tasks (I/O, JSON, i18n, etc.)
- Records for Scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 125 Ã¢Â§â€” 55 - Labeled records for Scala based on structural refinement types and macros.
- refined Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 447 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Simple refinement types with compile- and runtime checking
- Resolvable Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 0 Ã¢Â§â€” 94 - A library to optimize fetching immutable data structures from several endpoints in several formats.
- Squid Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 88 Ã¢Â§â€” 9 - Type-safe metaprogramming framework with typed, hygienic quasiquotes.
- Scala Async Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 778 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - An asynchronous programming facility for Scala.
- Scala Graph - A Scala library with basic graph functionality that seamlessly fits into the Scala standard collections library.
- scala.meta - A clean-room implementation of a metaprogramming toolkit for Scala.
- Scalactic - Small library of utilities related to quality that helps keeping code clear and correct.
- Scalaz Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 3045 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - An extension to the core Scala library for functional programming.
- scribe Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 36 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Practical logging framework that doesn't depend on any other logging framework and can be completely configured programmatically.
- Shapeless Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 2002 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A type class and dependent type based generic programming library for Scala.
- Simulacrum Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 484 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - First class syntax support for type classes in Scala.
- Stateless Future Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 165 Ã¢Â§â€” 35 - Asynchronous programming in fully featured Scala syntax.
- tinylog Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 198 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Lightweight logging framework with native logging API for Scala.
- Twitter Util Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1809 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - General-purpose Scala libraries, including a future implementation and other concurrency tools.
- wvlet-log Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 43 Ã¢Â§â€” 13 - A library for enhancing your application logs with colors and source code locations.
Projects that don't fit into any specific category.
- Agora - Library of vote-counting algorithms for elections.
- Ammonite-REPL - An improved Scala REPL: syntax highlighting, output formatting, multi-line input, and more.
- BootZooka Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 331 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - Simple project to quickly start developing a web application using AngularJS and Akka HTTP, without the need to write login, user registration etc.
- Eclair Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 469 - ACINQ's Lightning Network implementation written in Scala. Lightning Network is a second layer protocol built on top of bitcoin to address scalability, privacy, confirmation time and many other issues.
- Fansi Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 96 Ã¢Â§â€” 15 - Scala/Scala.js library for manipulating Fancy Ansi colored strings
- GoogleApiScala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 5 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - A simple scala library offering control of Google Drive, Calendar, and the Admin SDK.
- Google4s Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 7 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Lean, functional library for Google Cloud Services in Scala (KMS, Cloud Storage, PubSub)
- mailgun4s Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 7 Ã¢Â§â€” 4 - Scala wrapper around the Mailgun API
- media4s Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 5 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Scala command-line wrapper around ffmpeg, ffprobe, ImageMagick, and other tools relating to media.
- Miniboxing - A Scala compiler plugin that improves program performance -- see the project web site - Less boxes
- Openquant Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 73 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A Scala open source quantitative trading platform
- Ostinato Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 27 Ã¢Â§â€” 7 - A chess library that runs on the server (Scala) and on the browser (ScalaJS)
- pdf4s Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 3 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Simplified wrapper to create PDFs in Scala.
- Play Swagger Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 174 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Automatically create Swagger documentation for your Play REST API
- powerscala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 11 Ã¢Â§â€” 80 - Powerful framework providing many useful utilities and features on top of the Scala language.
- pprint - Pretty-printer for Scala values and types for easier reading and debugging
- PureConfig Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 759 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - A boilerplate-free Scala library for loading configuration files.
- REPLesent Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 319 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - A presentation tool built inside the Scala REPL. Runs code straight from your slides with a single keystroke.
- scala-debugger Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 52 Ã¢Â§â€” 18 - Scala libraries and tooling utilizing the Java Debugger Interface.
- scala-ssh Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 186 Ã¢Â§â€” 6 - Remote shell access via SSH for your Scala applications
- Scalan Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 81 Ã¢Â§â€” 67 - A framework for development of domain-specific compilers in Scala
- ScalaSTM - Software Transaction Memory for Scala
- Scavenger - An experimental automated theorem prover.
- service-chassis - A scala chassis to get your applications and services bootstrapped quickly.
- settler Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 4 Ã¢Â§â€” 171 - Boilerplate-free typed settings generation in Scala.
- Simple Scala Config Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 43 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - Thin, idiomatic Scala wrapper around Typesafe Config with custom
- YahooFinanceScala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 15 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - Get stock data from Yahoo Finance using Akka http.
Scala libraries and wrappers for Android development.
- Android SDK Plugin for SBT Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 609 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - An sbt plugin that adds tasks for developing Android applications.
- Gradle Android Scala Plugin Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 318 Ã¢Â§â€” 20 - A gradle plugin that allows you to use Scala with Android
- Macroid Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 511 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - A modular functional UI language for Android.
- Scaloid Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 2065 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Less painful Android development with Scala.
Scala libraries and wrappers for HTTP clients.
- Akka HTTP Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 306 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - The Streaming-first HTTP server/module of Akka.
- Dispatch Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 366 Ã¢Â§â€” 6 - Library for asynchronous HTTP interaction. It provides a Scala vocabulary for JavaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s async-http-client.
- Finch.io Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 1005 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Purely Functional REST API atop of Finagle.
- Fintrospect Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 37 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Implement fast, type-safe HTTP webservices for Finagle.
- Http4s Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 732 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - A minimal, idiomatic Scala interface for HTTP.
- jefe Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 2 Ã¢Â§â€” 105 - Manages installation, updating, downloading, launching, error reporting, proxying, multi-server management, and much more for your stand-alone and web applications.
- lolhttp Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 64 Ã¢Â§â€” 10 An HTTP & HTTP/2 Server and Client library for Scala.
- RÃƒÂ¶sHTTP Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 79 Ã¢Â§â€” 9 - A lightweight asynchronous HTTP API built with Scala.js in mind. Supports the JVM and Node.js runtimes as well as most browsers.
- scalaj-http Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 580 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Simple scala wrapper for HttpURLConnection (including OAuth support).
- Scalaxb Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 235 Ã¢Â§â€” 18 - An XML data-binding tool for Scala that supports W3C XML Schema (xsd) and Web Services Description Language (wsdl) as the input file.
- Spray - Actor-based library for http interaction.
- sttp - The Scala HTTP client you always wanted!
- Tubesocks Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 12 Ã¢Â§â€” 174 - Library supporting bi-directional communication with websocket servers.
- requests-scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 326 - A Scala port of the popular Python Requests HTTP client: flexible, intuitive, and straightforward to use.
Scala libraries for interactions with the Web of Data, and other RDF tools.
- Banana-RDF Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 207 Ã¢Â§â€” 26 - Scala-friendly abstractions for RDF and Linked Data technologies. Supports Jena, Sesame and native Scala.
- rdfp Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 4 Ã¢Â§â€” 50 - RDF stream processing framework in Scala
- Scowl Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 16 Ã¢Â§â€” 36 - Scala DSL allowing a declarative approach to composing OWL expressions and axioms using the OWL API.
Metrics and Monitoring
Scala libraries for gathering metrics and monitoring applications.
- Kamon - Gathering metrics from applications built with Akka, Spray and Play! with support for user metrics as well.
- Metrics-Scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 335 - Scala API for Dropwizard's Metrics library.
Scala libraries for creating parsers.
- atto Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 148 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Pure functional incremental text parsing library for Scala, based on Attoparsec.
- CLIST Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 43 Ã¢Â§â€” 24 - Command Line Interface Scala Toolkit
- decline Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 101 - composable command-line parser for Scala, built on Cats
- Fast Parse Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 467 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Fast to write, Fast running Parsers in Scala
- Parboiled2 Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 502 Ã¢Â§â€” 7 - A Fast Parser Generator for Scala 2.10.3+.
- Scala Parser Combinators Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 221 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Scala Standard Parser Combinator Library.
- Scopt Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 678 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Simple scala command line options parsing.
Sbt plugins to make your life easier.
- better-monadic-for Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 371 Ã¢Â§â€” 8 - A Scala compiler plugin to give patterns and for-comprehensions the love they deserve
- coursier Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 847 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - A Scala library to fetch dependencies from Maven / Ivy repositories
- sbt-api-mappings Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 38 Ã¢Â§â€” 67 - A Sbt plugin that resolves external API links to common Scala libraries.
- sbt-buildinfo Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 274 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Generates Scala source from build definition.
- sbt-classfinder Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 3 Ã¢Â§â€” 39 - Retrieves runtime information about the classes and traits in a project.
- sbt-dependency-check Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 108 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - SBT Plugin for OWASP DependencyCheck. Monitor your dependencies and report if there are any publicly known vulnerabilities (e.g. CVEs).
- sbt-dependency-graph Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 731 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Create a dependency graph for your project.
- sbt-docker Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 422 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Create Docker images directly from sbt
- sbt-doctest Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 148 - Plugin for sbt that generates tests from examples in ScalaDoc.
- sbt-ensime Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 197 Ã¢Â§â€” 11 - Generates .ensime config files for SBT projects http://ensime.org/build_tools/sbt
- sbt-groll Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 87 Ã¢Â§â€” 10 - sbt plugin to roll the Git history.
- sbt-haxe Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 9 Ã¢Â§â€” 274 - A Sbt plugin to compile Haxe sources.
- sbt-ide-settings Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 32 Ã¢Â§â€” 27 - SBT plugin for tweaking various IDE settings
- sbt-native-packager Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 811 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Bundle up Scala software for native packaging systems, like deb, rpm, homebrew, msi..
- sbt-pack Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 284 Ã¢Â§â€” 7 - A sbt plugin for creating distributable Scala packages.
- sbt-pantarhei Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 3 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - SBT plugin to generate release notes from the pull requests and git commits in GitHub.
- sbt-revolver Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 519 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Fork & Stop processes from sbt.
- sbt-robovm Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 107 Ã¢Â§â€” 17 - An sbt plugin for iOS development in Scala
- sbt-scala-js-map Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 12 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - A sbt plugin that configures source mapping for Scala.js projects hosted on Github
- sbt-sublime Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 145 Ã¢Â§â€” 38 - Create Sublime Text projects with library dependencies sources
- sbt-updates Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 316 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Shows sbt project's dependency updates.
- sbt-versions Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 14 Ã¢Â§â€” 167 - Plugin that checks for updated versions of your project's dependencies.
- sbt-view Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 7 Ã¢Â§â€” 18 - View ScalaDoc/JavaDoc in browser window.
- sbteclipse Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 632 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Create Eclipse project definitions from sbt builds.
- scala-clippy Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 211 Ã¢Â§â€” 5 - Good advice and coloring for Scala compiler errors
- ScalaKata2 Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 79 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Scala playground & Documentation tool.
- sbt-hepek Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 5 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Make static websites in Scala code (render
- splain Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 234 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Better implicit errors for Scala.
- tut Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 364 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - Tool for writing documentation with typechecked examples.
- xsbt-web-plugin Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 334 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Build enterprise J2EE Web applications in Scala.
XML / HTML
XML and HTML generation and processing
- scala-scraper Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 316 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - A library for scraping content from HTML pages.
- xs4s Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 29 Ã¢Â§â€” 47 - XML Streaming for Scala for processing large (gigabytes and over) XML files.
- Laika Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 161 - Text Markup Transformer for sbt and Scala applications, transforming Markdown and reStructuredText to HTML and PDF.
Nice books, blogs and other resources to learn Scala
Community Members' Blogs
- Functional Works / Learn - Quality resources maintained by functional works
- Scala Times - Weekly newsletter about scala
- A Tour of Scala - Bite-sized introductions to some of the core language concepts.
- CA Art - A small project aimed at learning Scala on intermediate level by experimenting with Cellular Automata
- Demos and Examples in Scala (Chinese) Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 923 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - repo of sample Scala library usage, written in Chinese
- Deploying Scala libraries to Sonatype for dummies Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 23 Ã¢Â§â€” 25 - None
- Resources by Dr. Mark Lewis >> Website | Youtube Playlists
- Exercism - Scala Exercises - Community-driven Scala exercises.
- Essential Scala - None
- Functional Programming in Scala - Coursera Specialization (5 courses) created by Martin Odersky et al. at the EPFL (Ecole polytechnique fÃƒÂ©dÃƒÂ©rale de Lausanne).
- Functional Programming for Mortals - None
- Get Programming with Scala - Tutorial-driven introduction to Scala
- Introduction to programming with dependent types in Scala - Video Course by Dmytro Mitin
- Learn-by-doing functional programming course on Scala - Covers type classes, functors, applicatives, monads, monad transformers, free monad
- Programming Community Curated Resources for Learning Scala
- Reactive Programming with Scala and Akka - Use the concepts of reactive programming to build distributed systems running on multiple nodes
- Scala Collections Cookbook - Scala collections introduction. written in Chinese.
- Scala Exercises - Brings the popular Scala Koans to the web. Offering hundreds of solvable exercises organized into 42 categories covering the basics of the Scala language.
- Scala With Cats - Learn system architecture and design using the techniques of modern functional programming with Cats
- Scala in Depth - None
- Scala school - Scala school started as a series of lectures at Twitter to prepare experienced engineers to be productive Scala programmers.
- Scalera Blog - Blog about Scala language and its environment (howto's, good practices, tips,...). Weekly posts written in both spanish and english
- Scala for the Impatient 2nd Edition - Covers most Scala features with short and easy to understand explainations.
- The Type Astronaut's Guide to Shapeless - None
- scala-js-fiddle (repo) - Browser-based Scala.js playground
- akka-quartz-scheduler Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 365 - Quartz Extension and utilities for cron-style scheduling in Akka.
Web templating engines.
- Beard Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 67 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - lightweight logicless templating engine inspired by Mustache
- Scalatags Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 492 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - Write html as scala code and have your IDE syntax check it.
- Scalate Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 517 - Scala based template engine which supports HAML, Mustache and JSP, Erb and Velocity style syntaxes
- Twirl Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 324 Ã¢Â§â€” 3 - The Play Scala Template Compiler
- Codacy - Automated Code Reviews for Scala
- Fastring Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 97 Ã¢Â§â€” 2 - Extremely fast string formatting
- fast-string-interpolator Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 24 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Scala macro that generates ultra-fast string interpolators
- Gitbucket Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 6296 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - The easily installable GitHub clone powered by Scala
- Giter8 command line tool to generate files and directories from templates published on Github
- Mill - A better Scala build tool
- pos Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 13 - Print debug tool, successor of scala-trace-debug
- Scalafix - Refactoring and linting tool
- sbt (repo) - The interactive build tool for Scala
- Scala @LibHunt - The go-to Scala Toolbox.
- scala-trace-debug Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 111 Ã¢Â§â€” 14 - Multithreaded print debug tool
- Scalariform Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 116 Ã¢Â§â€” 47 - Scala source code formatter
- Scalastyle Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 463 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Scala style checker.
- Scalatex Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 236 Ã¢Â§â€” 12 - Programmable, Typesafe Document Generation
- Scapegoat Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 230 Ã¢Â§â€” 6 - Scala compiler plugin for static code analysis
- Scaps (repo) - A search engine for Scala libraries
- Scoverage - Scala Code Coverage tool
- Wartremover Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 662 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Wartremover a flexible Scala code linting tool
Libraries to aid with geospatial calculations and artifacts.
- Geotrellis Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 553 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Scalable raster toolkit for GIS processing
- osm4scala Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 8 Ã¢Â§â€” 40 - OpenStreetMap PBF2 file parser
- rtree2d Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 27 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - RTree2D is a 2D immutable R-tree with STR (Sort-Tile-Recursive) packing for ultra-fast nearest and intersection queries on plane and spherical surfaces
- sfcurve Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 20 Ã¢Â§â€” 1 - Space filling curves in Scala for geospatial indexing and query
DevOps related tools and libraries.
- Skuber Ã¢Ëœâ€¦ 85 Ã¢Â§â€” 0 - Kubernetes client in Scala
Where to discover new Scala libraries.
- CoRecursive Interviews - In-depth Interviews with software developers, often on the subject of scala libraries and functional programming.
Your contributions are always welcome! Please submit a pull request or create an issue to add a new framework, library or software to the list. Do not submit a project that hasnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t been updated in the past 6 months or is not awesome.